Copyright, TOU, and Privacy
Vampire Hunter Jude is Copyrighted to LOOM ("LOOMcomics", "Taylor Holt"), 2009-2015
TRADEMARKS AND COPYRIGHTS
The trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos (“Trademarks”) appearing on this Website, including without limitation LOOM, LOOMcomics, Vampire Hunter Jude, and/or its distinctive logo(s). All other content on this Website (“Copyrights”), including all page headers, custom graphics, button icons are copyrighted works of LOOM ("LOOMcomics", "Taylor Holt"), and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of LOOM.
The rights in any third party trademarks or copyrighted works on this Website are retained by their respective owners. Nothing in this Agreement shall confer any right of ownership of any of the Trademarks or Copyrights to you. Further, nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark or Copyright without the express written permission of LOOM. The misuse of the Trademark or Copyrighted works displayed in this site, or any other content on the site, is strictly prohibited and may expose you to liability.
All contents of LOOM’s websites are: Copyright © LOOMcomics, Taylor Holt. All rights reserved.
Notice and Takedown Procedure
LOOM ("LOOMcomics", "Taylor Holt") expeditiously responds to valid notices of copyright infringement that adhere to the requirements set forth in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may provide LOOM’s Designated Agent (listed below) with a notice that contains all six points enumerated below (preferably via email).
Upon receipt of a valid notice, LOOM will remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing content as well as make a good-faith attempt to contact the owner or administrator of the affected content so they may counter-notice pursuant to Sections 512(g)(2) and (3) of the DMCA.
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site, including the URL, if applicable;
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and,
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Be aware that a notice must contain all six points for LOOM to take action. All other notices will be ignored.
LOOM’s Designated Agent can be can be contacted at:
LOOM Designated Agent
LOOMcomics / Taylor Holt
BY ACCESSING OR ATTEMPTING TO INTERACT WITH ANY PART OF THIS WEBSITE, OR OTHER LOOM SOFTWARE, SERVICES, WEBSITES OR ANY OF LOOM LICENSEES’ SERVICES (COLLECTIVELY “SERVICES”), YOU AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT ACCESS OR USE ANY PART OF THIS WEBSITE.
No implication is made that the materials published on LOOM’s website(s) are appropriate for use outside of the United States. If you access this website from outside of the United States, you do so on your own initiative and you are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Personal & Non-Commercial Use Limitation
LOOM’s website(s) are for your personal and non-commercial use, unless otherwise specified. You may not use this site for any other purpose, including any commercial purpose, without LOOM’s express prior written consent. You may not modify, copy, distribute, display, send, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, content, software, products or services obtained from or otherwise connected to LOOM’s website(s), unless expressly permitted by these terms.
Use of Comment Services
When using the Comment Services, you agree that you will not post, send, submit, publish, or transmit in connection with this site any material that:
- You do not have the right to post, including proprietary material of any third party, such as files containing software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity);
- Advocates illegal activity or discusses an intent to commit an illegal act;
- Is vulgar, obscene, pornographic, or indecent;
- Does not pertain directly to this site;
- Threatens or abuses others, libels, defames, invades privacy, stalks, is obscene, pornographic, racist, abusive, harassing, threatening or offensive;
- Seeks to exploit or harm children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise;
- Harvests or otherwise collects information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent;
- Violates any law or may be considered to violate any law;
- Impersonates or misrepresents your connection to any other entity or person or otherwise manipulates headers or identifiers to disguise the origin of the content;
- Falsifies or deletes any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is permissibly uploaded;
- Advertises any commercial endeavor (e.g., offering for sale products or services) or otherwise engages in any commercial activity (e.g., conducting raffles or contests, displaying sponsorship banners, and/or soliciting goods or services) except as may be specifically authorized on this site;
- Solicits funds, advertisers or sponsors;
- Includes programs that contain viruses, worms and/or Trojan horses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications;
- Disrupts the normal flow of dialogue, causes a screen to scroll faster than other users are able to type, or otherwise act in a way which affects the ability of other people to engage in real time activities via this site;
- Includes MP3 format files;
- Amounts to a pyramid or other like scheme, including contests, chain letters, and surveys;
- Disobeys any policy or regulations including any code of conduct or other guidelines, established from time to time regarding use of this site or any networks connected to this site; or
- Contains hyper-links to other sites that contain content that falls within the descriptions set forth above.
LOOM also reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in its sole discretion.
Materials uploaded to a Comment Service may be subject to posted limits on use, reproduction and/or dissemination and you are responsible for abiding by such limitations with respect to your submissions, including any downloaded materials.
Notwithstanding these rights, you remain solely responsible for the content of your submissions. You acknowledge and agree that neither LOOM nor any third party that provides Content to LOOM will assume or have any liability for any action or inaction by LOOM or such third party with respect to any submission.
LOOM cautions you against giving out any personally identifying information about yourself in any Comment Service. LOOM does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any Comment Service and, consequently, LOOM specifically disclaims any liability with respect to the Comment Services and any actions resulting from your participation in any Comment Service. Comment posters and their views do not necessarily reflect those of LOOM.
Use of your Comments
Unless you and LOOM enter into a separate written contract for use of your Content that states otherwise, you hereby grant to LOOM the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display all content, remarks, suggestions, ideas, graphics, or other information comments communicated to LOOM through this site (together, the “Submission”), and to incorporate any Submission in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. LOOM will not be required to treat any Submission as confidential, and may use any Submission in its business (including without limitation, for products or advertising) without incurring any liability for royalties or any other consideration of any kind, and will not incur any liability as a result of any similarities that may appear in future LOOM operations. (Mostly, this is for LOOM to use eloquent comments as testimonials on her personal site.)
LOOM is committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to our website, those commenting on the site, and subscribers to our newsletters and those providing contact information. In addition, LOOM is opposed to unauthorized commercial e-mail delivery, otherwise known as spam.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy and Spam Policy, please send an e-mail to loom<at>loomcomics.com. Spam abuses can be notified at loom<at>loomcomics.com.
LOOM only collects user-provided personally identifiable information. This information is provided when website visitors include it in comments or submit it via an online forms (examples include newsletter subscriptions or contact forms). The following list includes ways we collect personal information from our website visitors and the type of information collected:
- CONTACT FORMS & COMMENTS: To contact LOOM for the purposes of evaluating or engaging our services or to answer your questions, we utilize numerous forms throughout our site. Required information varies depending on the form and at most includes (i) name, and (ii) e-mail address. The provision of this information is mandatory in order to receive a response from LOOM. The provision of the remaining information requested on the registration form is optional.
- DOES LOOM SHARE MY INFORMATION? LOOM will not share, rent or sell your personally identifiable information with third parties.
WEB LINKS: This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that LOOM is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site to read the privacy and spam policies of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This Privacy and Spam Policy applies solely to information collected by this web site.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: We may disclose personal information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on our site.